01 November 2006

THE WEEK THAT WASN't.

Malaysians are a spoilt lot. We tend to see "religious / cultural" holidays as an excuse to shirk-off. Look at the recent Aidilfitri break. It went from 2 days to 1 WHOLE WEEK! Talk about unity... when it comes to holidays (and the extending of) Malaysians are a united lot.

Work's been catching up with me and is threatening to drown me unless i attend to it. Silly bugger! I'm Malaysian, work's the last thing on my mind!!!

On the home front;

My son... (wait)

Allow me to introduce the cast and crew: (Presenting!)

Linda - my wife. Hails from Klang, Selangor. Loves food. Reckons that the only good food Sarawak has to offer is Laksa. Enjoys cooking and dreams of being a full-time mum and wife.

David - my son. Enjoys rough and tumble play. Currently weighs in at 11.2 KGs and is 15 months old. He can't walk but can he run! Learnt how to do the Baby Bop Hop from a certain purple dinasour and his equally strange friends. It wouldn't be long now before he starts stringing all those words together to form sentences (e.g. "Papa, give money now!")

My son has been progressing into the babbling stage and is starting to vocalize sentence pattern sounds. He's a sponge and soaks in everything - both good and not so good. I've been coughing and so he came over this morning, stroked my face and arm and said "papa" "papa" over and over again like he's telling me that it's going to be ok. IF ONLY he's as sweet as this throughout the day!

My dad calls him Typhoon David.

My dad's his best-est friend.

Oh, with my dad, he can get away with ANYTHING.

I love the little runt.

No comments: